Cybercrime is on the rise, and no one is safe. Hackers target businesses of all sizes and industries. They disrupt networks, steal sensitive information and trick victims into transferring them money. That’s why it’s so important to work with a top managed IT service provider that can help your business mitigate devastating cyberattacks.
Consider these statistics:
- A cyberattack is attempted every 39 seconds
- Two in five small and midsize businesses (SMBs) have been the victim of a ransomware attack
- 43% of cyberattacks target small businesses
- The global average cost of a data breach is $3.9 million across SMBs
At Atlas, we pride ourselves on being a top managed IT service provider. And one of the ways we stand out from competitors is through our extensive, proactive cybersecurity offerings.
Here are four ways we take cybersecurity to the next level for our clients.
Robust menu of cybersecurity add-ons
Cybercriminals can hack into a system through a variety of entry points. That’s why we take an extensive multi-layered approach to security. Our cybersecurity solutions include:
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Email spam filtering
- Virtual private networks (VPN)
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Advanced threat detection (ATD)
- Advanced threat prevention (ATP)
Monthly vulnerability scans
One thing to look for in a top managed IT service provider is their ability to conduct monthly vulnerability scans. The scans should catch current and upcoming issues that need to be remediated to keep your network and devices secure.
At Atlas, these scans flag things like:
- Upcoming network updates and patches
- Necessary password updates
- End-of-life notices for servers and software
- Weak SSL ciphers
- Remote memory corruption vulnerability
Following the scans, one of our dedicated account managers or engineers personally reviews the reports. Then they will take the appropriate next steps to protect our client’s network and business.
Monthly activity reports
Our Monthly Client Health Reports offer insights into the activities we’ve undertaken and completed for a client each month.
All reports are custom-built, depending on what services we are providing each client. However, for clients signed up for our cybersecurity solutions, these reports typically include findings such as:
- The number of service tickets opened and how long they took to resolve
- A breakdown of what types of service tickets were opened. For example, tickets related to the VPN, firewall and email filter
- Alerts about machines with an upcoming end-of-life operating system and expiring warranty, and those with warranties that have already expired
- Status of anti-virus protection and security patches
- Product-specific reports, such as from Huntress (ATD) and Vijilan (ATP)
Armed with this information, we work with our clients to ensure all machines, servers and products are up to date. This mitigates potential cybersecurity risks.
While having only a firewall may have been enough protection fifteen years ago, businesses now need a multi-faceted cybersecurity program to cover all potential risks. That’s why our security offerings have expanded over the years. Atlas’ leaders are constantly vetting different cybersecurity products. We monitor them for quality to bring the best set of solutions to our clients.
As a recent example, we’ve been suggesting clients with remote workers enable Microsoft’s BitLocker on their machines. If someone quits the company, this software makes it easy to immediately shut down the former employee’s devices and encrypt their data. This mitigates the risk of data theft or exposure.
As the cybersecurity landscape changes, so should a top managed IT service provider. We stay on top of evolving best practices for our clients’ continued protection.