Atlas is proud to announce that Project Manager Samantha Billie has earned her CompTIA Project+ Certification. Samie is one of many certified professionals who work on the Atlas team and provide small business IT services to our growing roster of clients.
What is CompTIA Project+?
The CompTIA Project+ certification is designed for IT certified professionals who coordinate or manage small-to-medium-sized projects. It covers essential project management concepts beyond the scope of just one methodology or framework. Earning the certification means a certified professional understands the basic concepts necessary to successfully manage small business IT services projects.
“This certification confirms that I’m following the best practices in project management and can guarantee results for our clients when working toward project goals,” said Samie. “It’s similar to the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) course I took previously. But, this has more of an IT focus and is specifically relevant to the projects we work on at Atlas.”
CompTIA Project+ Exams and Requirements
Certified professionals in CompTIA Project+ must pass two exams that cover topics such as:
- The basic aspects of Agile methodology
- The various project management tools and project and partner-centric documentation
- The properties of project, phases, schedules, roles and responsibilities, and cost controls
- The impact of various constraint variables and influences throughout the project, and the importance of risk strategies and activities
- Communication methods of influence and change control processes within the context of a project
CompTIA Project+ certified professionals have at least 12 months of cumulative project management experience, or the equivalent education. In addition, CompTIA recommends they have six to 12 months of hands-on experience managing projects in an IT environment.
“The course taught me a lot about change management and helped me gain a better understanding of how projects are brought about in our system,” said Samie. “I’m excited to put this knowledge to good use as I help our clients complete projects from start to finish.”