Corey Brookes Earns CompTIA A+ Certification
Atlas is proud to announce that Help Desk Technician Corey Brookes recently earned his CompTIA A+ certification. The CompTIA A+ certification is an entry-level certification that teaches system support specialists core technologies, from security to cloud and data management, and more.
The certification is the only credential with performance-based learning to prove that professionals can think on their feet and perform critical IT support tasks in the moment.
“I chose to pursue this certification because I wanted to get a basic understanding of how IT infrastructure and configuration works,” said Corey. “The certification process also gave me an idea of what I would like to learn more about, and potentially what I would like to specialize in.”
CompTIA A+ certified system support specialists must pass two exams that cover topics like:
- Configuring device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS
- Administering client-based and cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving core service and support challenges
- Supporting basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Configuring and supporting PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Implementing basic data backup and recovery methods
- Applying data storage and management best practices
- Demonstrating baseline security skills for IT professionals
“We’re proud to give people like Corey a launching pad for their career in IT,” said Atlas CEO Greg Zolkos. “We’re excited to see him grow in his role and find his niche in the IT industry.”
Through the CompTIA A+ certification process, Corey discovered an interest in networking. Currently, he is working toward his CompTIA Networking+ Certificate.