JOb OPENING: Project ENGINEER 3
Project Engineer 3
Project Engineer 3 will require the following skillsets: able to perform high-level, multiple engineering-project related tasks in various assignments as assigned by Project Manager or Director of Professional Services. Can demonstrate knowledge and diversity in understanding high-level scope range. Can oversee the design, development, implementation and analysis of technology products and systems. Classified as a subject matter expert in at least one Atlas line of business product/service, including holding a minimum of one certification. As a Project Engineer 3, you will also be expected to fulfill a role of leadership and mentoring to all Project Engineer teammates. This may be accomplished by providing training sessions, as assigned by Director of Professional Services, to your teammates.
Project Engineer 3 has knowledge and practice in support of team improvement and focus on labor and time management and works directly as lead with Project team to improve project deliverables to be on time and under budget.
Able to work independently but also able to communicate regularly and consistently with other project team members. Must be able to demonstrate a professional demeanor that represents Atlas’s Core Values of respect-relationships, integrity, communication-collaboration and humor-honesty.
Reports to Director of Professional Services.
- Performs engineering design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget.
- Reviews industry policies and procedures to ensure data accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides technical support for all engineering processes.
- Takes action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Project Engineer 3 can work independently and consistently and follow Atlas Best Practices
- Dependable – able to communicate and has tenacity to work on solution(s) when obstacles present themselves. Engaging Project escalation team in timely manner.
- Documentation is essential to all projects as a key to our service delivery success.
- Collaboration with project team members regarding status, milestones, risks on all projects assigned is required and necessary in order to meet our KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Project Engineer 3 has a technical core competency that can be demonstrated and is able to stay current in knowledge of hardware, software, networking, applications, and systems engineering.
- Company training is provided, both instructor-led and through online professional training tools provided by your supervisor. Learning is part of our culture and required in order to perform job functions, included but not limited to all above duties as a Project Engineer 3.
- Project Engineer 3 can display leadership and encouragement through a positive, rewarding and fun environment.
- Project Engineer 3 can work closely in a team environment with account managers, project managers and vertical teams.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- 5-8 years of experience as Project Engineer or equivalent
- Certification current in at least one or more Atlas IT-related technologies
- Training goal >= 26 hours every 6 months
- Able to work independently, and consistently follows direction from Project Seniors on Atlas Best Practices
- Dependable – Able to communicate and has tenacity to work on solution when obstacles present themselves
- Collaboration with all project team members regarding status, milestones, risks on all assigned projects
- Excellent organizational and coordination abilities with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Desire to learn and grow into next level – Senior Project Engineer
- Flexibility to meet continuously changing priorities and challenges
Looking for a rewarding career with an IT company that cares about its customers and employees?