JOb OPENING: SYSTEMS ENGINEER 2
Systems Engineer 2 (SE2)
SE2s work directly with our clients, as well as other system engineers, to provide support on various support tickets to provide installation and support service for multiple customer networks. Primarily in-house support and responsible for working tickets of varying degree of difficulty on our service desk.
Reports to Service Manager.
- Able to work in a team environment focusing on assigned support service requests keeping customer informed on status
- Handle daily technical support activities on desktop support, data network and server management and ability to multi-task with several Customers
- Monitoring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems in various customer environments
- Maintaining network security, business continuity, records and documentation, and vendor relationships
- Manage Active Directory Domain; including WINS, DHCP, IIS, DNS including user accounts/rights/permissions, group policies, etc.
- Troubleshoot client production issues and analyze failures to minimize outages and interruptions
- Review and troubleshoot monitored backup failures
- Perform hardware/software updates /upgrades as required to maintain a secure and healthy network
- Interface with support vendors to resolve network and system issues
- Review system logs and respond /resolve system events
- Configure and troubleshoot network devices such as firewall/routers and switches
- Ability to examine and evaluate test equipment and analysis tools to include network scanning and reporting
- Contribute to the documentation updates and sections of systems engineering documentation to maintain integrity in our database configurations
- Setup desktop computers and peripherals and test network connections (various internet browsers) and proper functioning of computer systems and software for various applications and programs
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to solve desktop issues
- Interact with staff on desktop problems and their resolution.
- Troubleshoot computer peripheral devices like printers and resolve associated problems
- Desktop Support (Windows & Mac)
- Server Support (Windows)
- Basic Firewall Support (SonicWall, Cisco, Fortinet, WatchGuard)
- After-hours Primary/Secondary support every few months
- Adhere to policies as per corporate manuals and directives
- Create/Update proper documentation, diagrams and other detailed instructions
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Mid-level IT engineer with minimum 2+ years of experience
- Must have IT certifications, network plus or equivalent
- Able to work in a fast paced, fast-growing environment
- Able to work on support tickets independently and update status accurately
- Knows when to escalate to higher level support
- Able to learn and adapt quickly
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows and Active Directory
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with authentication and directory services (Active Directory), etc.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows system management tools, philosophies, and methods
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows automation (scripting, imaging, installation, management)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with antivirus/malware and patch management technologies
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking (DNS, DHCP, RAS, VPN)
- Intermediate understanding of virtualization concepts and functional working skills with various virtualization technologies (create/modify virtual machines, create storage groups, snapshot, clone/export, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge of network concepts and functional working skills with various network technologies (create vLAN, create static route, diagnose routing problems, configure ports, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with Windows and network security best practices and strategies
APPLY USING FORM BELOW
Looking for a rewarding career with an IT company that cares about its customers and employees?