Team Member Spotlight: Linda Kraft
This Month’s Spotlight:
Linda Kraft, Director of Systems Architecture
- Tell us a little bit about your career and educational/professional background.
I graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor’s in Computer Science. I’ve worked in many areas of IT, from web design to cell carrier troubleshooting to managed services. I was the onsite IT support for one of our clients before joining the team at Atlas.
- What do you like most about your current role and/or working at Atlas?
I love being able to take something our team does and make the process easier and faster for them. Also, I love creating custom reporting and metrics for data because that drives how our team can improve efficiencies and provide the best service to our clients.
- What’s the best piece of business advice you’ve ever received, and why?
Learn to be a good listener! If you’re too busy talking, you’re not hearing or understanding what the other person is saying.
- What are some of your personal hobbies outside of work?
I love to travel. A group of friends picks a new city every year. My favorites have been the Grand Canyon and Vegas!
- Tell us about your family and where you’re from.
I grew up in New York and still have a big Italian family there. Growing up, my cousins felt more like siblings. I moved to Florida near the end of my high school years, but we’ve remained close. Today I have some pretty awesome nieces and nephews and couldn’t imagine my life without them.
- What sports or clubs were you in during high school? Did you have a favorite?
I played softball and was in the National Honor Society. I was also the President of the German Club.
- What’s your favorite sports team and/or sport?
New York Yankees
One word to describe you: Determined
Your Spirit Animal: Dog
Favorite Movie: The Sound of Music
Favorite Holiday: Christmas
Favorite Place: Mom’s house when there’s food in the oven!