Atlas is proud to announce that Systems Engineer I Jeremy Billie is another one of our certified professionals who recently earned his CompTIA A+.
The CompTIA A+ certification is an entry-level certification that teaches system support specialists core technologies, from security to cloud and data management, and more. It is the only credential with performance-based learning to prove that certified professionals can think on their feet and perform critical IT support tasks in the moment.
“I have been working at Atlas for over a year. I wanted to get a solid foundation before moving on to other certifications and technologies,” Jeremy said. “Now, I can fix problems and find their root causes much quicker than before. And, I have a much better foundation to build off of.”
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are required to pass two exams that cover topics such as:
- Configuring device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving core service and support challenges
- Administering client-based and cloud-based (SaaS) software
- Supporting basic IT infrastructure and networking
- Implementing basic data backup and recovery methods
- Configuring and supporting PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
- Demonstrating baseline security skills for IT professionals
- Applying data storage and management best practices
“We love giving our teammates the opportunity to continue their education and advance their skill-sets in the IT field,” said Atlas CEO Greg Zolkos. “We’re excited to see Jeremy grow in his role and find his niche in the industry.”
Now, Jeremy is working toward his CompTIA Networking+ Certificate.